A Triumph: New Age Treatment Guidelines for Periodontitis and Peri-implant Disease
This is a FREE Three-Part Webinar taking place as follows:
Session One – September 15th, 6:30 p.m.
Session Two – October 13th, 6:30 p.m.
Session Three – November17th, 6:30 p.m.
Information on the webinars, and links to register for each can be found below. Please note that a separate registration for each session needs to be made.
The first evidence-based treatment guidelines for treating Periodontal and Peri-implant Diseases, based on the Classifications of Periodontal and Peri-implant Diseases and Conditions, have been published. We will investigate these treatment guidelines to analyze and ultimately apply them to our practice.
The first two sessions will examine the recommended four-step approach to the new age of periodontal therapy published in the Journal of Clinical Periodontology. The first step is creating a person-centered care approach involving lifestyle and the reduction of inflammation. The second step empowers the dental hygienist to perform non-surgical periodontal therapy and consider adjunctive therapies. Step three evaluates the case and
considers complex treatment that may involve periodontal surgery. The final step creates a plan to promote long term supportive care and provide advice for a healthy lifestyle, including self-care and regular checkups to prevent relapse.
The third session takes an in-depth look at the World Dental Federation’s consensus report on the “Diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of peri-implant diseases and maintenance care of patients with dental implants.” This paper is based on the Classifications of Peri-implant Disease and Conditions and was published in the International Dental Journal last year. This information will be critical to your dental hygiene practice.
Both papers rely heavily on non-surgical treatment and customized selection of self-care aids and products. The updated treatment guidelines presented during these sessions are excellent news for the profession of dental hygiene!
Sessions 1 & 2
- Recognize and classify periodontal disease
- Incorporate the evidence-based guidelines for Periodontitis Stages I-III into your practice
- Empower your client with the latest research on self-care products and technology
- Learn the expectations of non-surgical treatment of periodontitis
- Create supportive therapy programs involving the most effective treatment modalities backed by science
- Identify, classify and implement maintenance and non-surgical therapy of peri-implant disease
- Implement individualized self-care programs including neutral pH products and oral healthcare apps to prevent inflammation and disease
Commit to attending this virtual event that will provide 6 hours of continuing education, handout, layered learning, and prize opportunities.
Register at the links below!