- This event has passed.
Contemporary Ultrasonic Instrumentation Level 1
November 4, 2014 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$70.00 – $140
COURSE TITLE: Contemporary Ultrasonic Instrumentation – A Visual Presentation (Level 1)
COURSE TYPE: Lecture/mini hands on Limited: 24 Participants
COURSE LENGTH: 3 hours
This course will show participants how to increase their use and effectiveness of ultrasonic technology and go far beyond the removal of calculus. Effective removal of biofilm is critical in the fight against inflammation and ultrasonics used as part of modern debridement strategies can be both a valuable and comfortable choice. With the use of a camera, the course facilitator with provide a “live” demonstrations that will offer the opportunity for participants to calibrate their ultrasonic knowledge and technique against the most current scientific information available. Typodonts will be provided as participants use a variety of inserts to practice ultrasonic instrument selection, sequencing and adaptation.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: At the completion of this course the participant will be able to:
• Describe the benefits of ultrasonic technology as they apply to the removal of calculus and BIOFILM.
• Compare the differences and similarities between magnetostrictive and piezo ultrasonic technologies and how each related to clinical technique.
• Select the appropriate inserts and strategically sequence ultrasonic instrumentation in the most safe and effective manner.
• Demonstrate ultrasonic insert adaptation in a variety of areas; describe the benefits and limitations of straight and curved ultrasonic instruments for debridement.
• Discuss an improved understanding of how to achieve patient comfort while using ultrasonic technology