MDHA Advanced Studies Award
The award consists of:
- A $500 honorarium provided by the MDHA.
- An award presentation at the MDHA Annual General Meeting.
- The award winner will be published in the MDHA Montage and announced on the MDHA website.
- Applicant is a current member of the MDHA.
- Applicant has been accepted to or is enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or doctorate program at an accredited institution in a degree program advancing oral health.
- Applicant is in good academic standing in their program of study (most recent transcript or letter of acceptance).
- Applicant submits the required documentation to support their application.
- Applicants can apply every year of their program enrollment but are only eligible to receive the award once.
- Applications will be accepted from MDHA members only.
- Application period will open April 1st of each calendar year and close May 31st.
- The following items must be submitted
with each application:
- Current CV
- Essay (500 words maximum): the essay should outline the details surrounding your extended studies, your commitment to lifelong learning and your proposed contribution to the dental hygiene profession.
- Two letters of recommendation from current MDHA or CDHA members.
- Proof of acceptance and/or good academic standing in program (copy of letter of acceptance or copy of most recent transcript).
- The recipient will be chosen by an ad hoc committee; may consist of members of the MDHA Board of Directors as well members of the general MDHA membership.
- The award will be presented to the recipient at the Annual General Meeting by the President of the MDHA.
- Email in complete application by deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All submissions will receive notification of the outcome of the award.