Please see below for another offering from the Healthy Smile Happy Child presentation series:
The Role of Taste & Oral Microbiome in Caries Risk in Young Children
DATE: August 21,, 2019
TIME: 12:00pm – 1:00pm
The following will be presented by Dr. Vivianne Cruz de Jesus, DDS (PhD Candidate)
· What are taste receptors?
· Does being a super taster make a child less likely to have tooth decay?
· What kind of bacteria lives in children’s mouths?
· Does the taster status affect the number of bacteria in children’s mouths?
· Are boys at greater risk for tooth decay than girls?