Are You A CDHA Owner?
Email, mail or fax:
Print and complete your membership application/renewal form and scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to (613) 224-7283 or mail to 1122 Wellington St. W. Ottawa, ON K1Y 2Y7.
Contact the CDHA:
Contact CDHA’s membership services team at email@example.com or call 1-800-267-5235.
The Canadian Dental Hygienists Association (CDHA) is pleased to partner with Hu-Friedy to launch an annual program offering $5,000 in scholarships to registered dental hygienists.
In order to qualify, applicants must:
- Be a registered dental hygienist
- Be a Canadian Dental Hygienists Association member in good standing
- Have been practicing a minimum of 16 hours/week in a clinical setting before being accepted into the program
- Be a “Friends of Hu-Friedy” member (sign up for free at www.friendsofhu-friedy.com)
- Be a resident of Canada
- Be accepted to an undergraduate, graduate or doctorate program in an accredited institution in a degree program related to oral health
Click HERE to find out more.
The Search is On!
The Manitoba Dental Hygienists Association is in search of Registered Dental Hygienists who would like to become a mentor within the MDHA/SDH Mentorship Program.
This program plays a vital role in a Dental Hygiene student’s transition from student to private practice. As a mentor, you will have a lasting impact on your mentee’s educational experience and future in Dental Hygiene.
Your role as a Dental Hygiene mentor would include:
1) A two year commitment (ie. you would remain with your student for the duration of their 2 years in the School of Dental Hygiene)
2) Attend an MDHA sponsored evening per term, total of 4 events throughout the 2 years.
3) In first year, your student would observe you in practice twice.
4) In second year, your student would observe you in practice once.
5) Be an available resource for your student if they have questions, concerns, or require support throughout their 2 year education.
We would love to have you as part of our Mentorship Program. We invite Registered Dental Hygienists from all walks of the profession – newer grads, established DH’s, specialty practice DH’s, etc. All we ask is that mentors have at least one year of experience in the profession and practice within Winnipeg, MB. Keep in mind, volunteering for the Mentorship Program is a great way to tackle some of your PAR credits, and have fun doing it!
The commitment is small, but the rewards are BIG!
Interested? Have questions? Contact us by phone at (204)981-7327 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org by FRIDAY, AUGUST 12, 2016.
We are excited to hear from you!
MDHA Mentorship Committee,
Kaleigh Warden, Erin Melendez, Kathy Yerex, and Shauna MacGregor