The Manitoba Dental Hygienists Association is in search of Registered Dental Hygienists who would like to become a mentor within the MDHA Mentorship Program.
This program plays a vital role in a Dental Hygiene student’s transition from student to private practice. As a mentor, you will have a lasting impact on your mentee’s educational experience and future in Dental Hygiene.
Your role as a Dental Hygiene mentor would include:
1) A two year commitment (ie. you would remain with your mentee for the duration of their 2 years in the School of Dental Hygiene)
2) Attend an MDHA sponsored evening per term, total of 4 events throughout the 2 years.
3) In first year, your mentee would observe you in practice twice.
4) In second year, your mentee would observe you in practice once.
5) Attend the MDHA graduation breakfast at graduation in late May.
6) Be an available resource for your mentee if they have questions, concerns, or require support throughout their 2 year education.
We would love to have you as part of our Mentorship Program. We invite Dental Hygienists from all walks of the profession – newer grads, established DH’s, specialty practice DH’s, etc. All we ask is that mentors have at least one year of experience in the profession. Keep in mind, volunteering for the Mentorship Program is a great way to tackle some of your Continuing Education Credits, and have fun doing it!
The commitment is small, but the rewards are BIG!
Interested? Have questions? Contact us ASAP as the School of Dental Hygiene’s newest incoming class starts within the next month!
Deadline for new mentors for the Fall 2015 term: Friday, August 7th, 2015.
We are excited to hear from you!
MDHA Mentorship Committee,
Kaleigh Warden, Erin Melendez, Kathy Yerex, and Shauna MacGregor
Contact us by phone or email at: (204)981-7327 or firstname.lastname@example.org